Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bama Jam & AK brief

BAMA JAM IS HERE!

This is one of the huge (and by huge, I mean only) event to look forward to! It is a 3-day red neck music festival in a peanut field. Lucky for me, girls are in town for it! So glad, because The Pilot is on nights (meaning he goes to work at night). For the next three days, I will be watching Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Train, Hank Williams Jr, DIERKS (I got the clear from The Pilot that it is ok to make out with a rock star), Jake Owen, Robert Earl Keen, Stoney Larue, and the list goes on... Trying to love sun as long as possible. Vacation day? Check.
In other news, we got to go to a briefing to learn more about Alaska. I mean, where to start... It is a fact that The Pilot will see bears while he is flying. You might get a fox or a moose in your front yard, so check outside before you let your kids or dog out. Hey neighbor.

They started off by talking about how AK is the biggest state blah.blah.blah... But most of it is not live-able because of the climate? That's encouraging. Winter can last from Sept to April. Snow could fall as early as July. They also went over all kinds of stuff you can catch in the cold, I've never heard of half of it besides frost bite.

Trying my best to focus on the fact that God won't give us anything we can't handle. It will absolutely be an adventure and I know we will be making incredible newly-wed memories out there... I am thankful I have the man of my dreams beside me as we start this new journey (and I mean journey... we're driving from AL to AK and seeing all the good stuff in between).

No comments:

Post a Comment