Sweet Jesus! So little time, so much to do. First things first, I can't stand when people brag about how busy they may be. I just think, "Oh, am I supposed to be jealous you're running around like a wild child?" No. That could be a whole different post in and of itself... Why do people have a need to make themselves seem busy? I don't understand it. With that being said--
Disclaimer: I am not complaining about how busy I am. Nor am I trying to make myself seem cool. I am simply sharing my story...
Moving is rough. I moved a lot as a child, but there was nothing to take care of except for ensuring I had my Game Boy and CD player in the back seat. Anyway, as an adult, doing all the planning... Sweet Jesus, again! The movers should be here to ship us out on the 28th! How can I not be a micro manager? No one likes a micro manager.
The Pilot and I had the opportunity to go have dinner with a couple from our church = they. are. awesome. We've sat by this couple for 8 months now, got to talkin' and we clicked immediately. This couple is exactly how The Pilot and I will be in 20 years. Sure, they have kids our age... But these two are incredible! You can see how much they love each other and Jesus. I am crushed that we're leaving in a week and a half. I want a mentor couple so bad, bah. We may be back in LA (lower 'bama) in a few years and I hope with my whole heart this couple will be around. It's encouraging to see a couple who has survived the moves, deployments, children, army life, etc.
Ok, on to the updates. This week we're getting our car's ready for the drive (mine to Dallas, The Pilot's to AK). Not to mention looking for a car... Tracking down my passport so I can get into Canada! Getting the Monster a physical to cross the border. The in-law's are coming to town (major cleaning is in order). The Pilot gets his wings on Thursday! We move to the last frontier in 9 days. Nine. Holy cow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment