I just got back from a week in the Big D! I loved being surrounded by the wonderful things in life. Pottery Barn. J Crew. Chik Fil A. DSW. Family, friends and Real Sangria.
Have you had this stuff? It's pretty awesome for being straight out of the bottle. Add a little fruit. Perfect for a girls night!
Even though Alaska has only been "home" for one month, home is truly where the heart is. I missed this place! I do not miss sweating in Dallas, walking to and from the car. I did not miss traffic. It was nice to be back in the office... But only for a week! The more I think about it, the more awesome working from home is. No alarm. No commute. No business casual. My type of casual is Nike shorts and one of The Pilot's shirts.
The Pilot is on vacation with his other wife, Kiowa. They took a quick trip to the mountains. Me, jealous? Absolutely. I haven't seen that handsome fella in two weeks! This is the longest we've been apart since the day we said "I do" -- I'd like to consider this practice for what's comin'!
I got to pick Riley up from her slumber party when I got back... (slumber party = boarding) She did well and I would like to directly attribute that to her daily YAPPY HOURS. Frozen yogurt with dog treats. She's been a big snuggler and I will take every minute of it! In other news, I got my first official winter coat fit for the Arctic. Hello, Winter White.
Dear My-New-Best-Friend: Please do not get dirty in the slush that is to come. I look forward to wearing you for the 6 months that is winter.



No comments:
Post a Comment