Monday, April 26, 2010

Life in LA (Lower Alabama)

First blog post. Pressure. I feel the best way to start this lovely adventure is to summarize how we got here and where we're going!
I met the man of my dreams on 07/07/07, the luckiest day of my life. A year after, I graduated from Baylor, he graduated from West Point. I got a job in the big D, he started flight school. Another year went by and long story, short: We got married and became Lieutenant and Mrs. McDonald.

The Pilot and I have been married for about SIX months now! We've been very busy since the day we said, "I do." To sum it up, I packed up and moved to Alabama the day after the wedding. I was able to keep my HR job from Dallas and work from home with Riley "The Monster" McDonald. She is quite the handful...

The Pilot is in flight school at Fort Rucker, which is a small town far from civilization. Here is The Pilot in his uniform, so handsome.
We were so blessed to have great newly-wed time when I got down here, before The Pilot started helicopter training. We have found a wonderful church and have an amazing group of friends. Here is the Kiowa: The Pilot's other wife.
Right now, our schedule consists of going to bed at 8:30 for the Pilot's 4 am wake up. He then gets dressed and goes to work. We won't talk about what time I get up... The best part of working from home? A 30-step commute and business casual translates into a t-shirt and Nike shorts.

We are looking forward to moving in August, just not sure where yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment