Sunday, May 2, 2010

Army Life

This whole Army wife thing is starting to become more real... A roller coaster does not even begin to describe it. I feel as if many people have huge misconceptions of of what this whole Army life thing is about, so I thought I would post about it!

No, we don't hear reveille every morning. We live too close to a Blackhawk "parking lot" if you will. I hear helicopters flying from about 5 am to 11 pm. You get a special ID, by special I mean ugly. You use your ID to get on post or to buy anything on post. There is a special sticker on cars to indicate military... If you don't have one, you'll have to pull over and get your car searched. Everything is tax free! The speed limits are ridiculously slow. You do NOT want to get pulled over by an MP. Pat wears the same uniform every day, he somehow makes it look handsome.

If there is a group of guys all in uniform, it's hard to pick out your husband. They all blend. Words can't describe the feeling when The Pilot and I are walking together and someone salutes him! People are saluting this goofball? Absolutely. I'm so proud of him though, it never gets old.

Two of The Pilot's classmates have passed away in the past month. Sure does put things in perspective -- it's easy to forget where The Pilot is headed, but these moments make it more real. It makes my heart stop every time I have to read, "Be thou at peace, (insert soldier's name here)." -- How West Point phrases it lightly.

Army life is army life! I wouldn't have it any other way. Something tells me this won't be my only post about it.

Army Vocab-
Commissary: Grocery Store
MP: Military Police

No comments:

Post a Comment