Well, we found out our post. Pat and I were sitting on the couch when we got the call.
Fort Wainwright, Alaska.
Shocked, to say the least. Was Alaska in our top 3? No. Top 9? Nope. Alaska was a distant thought that we did not think was a possibility. Now, it is not a definite until we receive the RFO.The Pilot and I are filled with mixed emotions which we can barely verbalize just. We are so excited to start a new journey, we know that God's plan is bigger than what we could've planned and we know we'll make the most out of what comes our way.
I am still overwhelmed, not sure what to think. Some of the concerns -- 24 hours later...
Shocked, to say the least. Was Alaska in our top 3? No. Top 9? Nope. Alaska was a distant thought that we did not think was a possibility. Now, it is not a definite until we receive the RFO.The Pilot and I are filled with mixed emotions which we can barely verbalize just. We are so excited to start a new journey, we know that God's plan is bigger than what we could've planned and we know we'll make the most out of what comes our way.
I am still overwhelmed, not sure what to think. Some of the concerns -- 24 hours later...(1) How in the $*@#$ am I supposed to shovel snow when The Pilot is gone?
(2) We think we can only take one car and that one car does not have 4-wheel drive.
(3) I HATE wearing socks, layers, and warm clothing.
(4) I'll have to get a new job.
(5) Monster needs to learn how to "mush" like sled dogs...
(6) Does Alaska have Mexican food?
(7) Can you eat ice cream when it's that cold outside?
(8) I think UGGs are awful. When girls wear them in Texas, I want to kick their shins. But when they are practical and essential to daily life, will I cave into pressure? Maybe, because I like the bombers.
My biggest fear is not wanting to leave the house when it is -80* degrees outside and The Pilot is deployed. I've never had to drive on snow/ice. Being in AK alone scares me.
I've had a song in my head for weeks now, and I am thinking God put it there for a purpose.
"It may not be the way I would have chosen, when you lead me through a world that's not my home. But you never said it would be easy, You only said I'd never go alone."
*Army Vocab
RFO: Request for orders. We're waiting on these bad boys to make the move official.
No comments:
Post a Comment