The Pilot's grad date got bumped up TWO weeks. We're moving early :)We are # SEVENTY-ONE on the housing wait-list. Our future home could look a little something like this in TEN to TWELVE months.
Today is our EIGHT month anniversary.The whole "move process" with the Army has moved on-line. It's a mess. The website tells you to go to the office, the office tells you to go to the website. It's a zoo. There is a HUGE to-do list before you move (I love lists -- The Army has not created a to-do list for the process, so I have created one for us -- but, why is there no list? Everyone has to follow this process... I'll stop before I cannot control myself) After several terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad visits, The Pilot complained.
Somehow everyone in the Transpo office knew. Doesn't help that The Pilot's name is on his handsome uni. So, knowing we complained... The employees were either really nice or really rude. One sweet lady did not know what to do, and asked her co-worker what time the Alaska office would be open (FOUR hour time difference). Her co-worker responded "I know who's asking, and I am not helping." Really? Is this Mean Girls? It gets better...
The Pilot and I are pretty positive this pleasant person goes to our church. I think it will go something like this Sunday morning... "Oh, Hi! You work in the Transpo office, don't you?" She'll respond with a yes. "We thought we recognized you. We are The McDonald's, and we're moving to Alaska. Small world seeing you here." I hope that a fiery conviction falls upon her and we'll let the Big Man take it from there.
I may have gained FIVE pounds from this wonderful dip:
- 2 Packs of Cream Cheese, softened (Use reduced fat if you only want to gain THREE pounds)
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayo (again, you can use light)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (turkey bacon could work, but let's be honest... there is no good substitute for the real thing)
- 1 bunch of green onions
Mix ALL ingredients together in oven safe bowl. Cover with foil. Bake for 45 mins at 375*
on the bright side, yalls future housing looks super cute!! hope things start going a little more smoothly. i'm thinking youll need to decorate and then put some pictures up :)
ReplyDeletegirl, we are thinking about you :) text me your move date so I can pray for you. love you much.
ReplyDelete