AND I'M BACK (for you, Courtney)!
After 5,023 miles on the Honda, 14 hotel rooms, 2 nights in a tent, uncountable cups of non-fat Chai tea lattes and bathroom breaks and a herd of wild buffalo... We've made it to Alaska! Home, Sweet Home.
Road trip of a lifetime? Check. The Pilot and I were able to see such amazing things! 10 states, 3 Canadian Providences. We camped in the Rocky Mountains and Yellowstone, saw Old Faithful, beautiful lakes and mountains, ate fresh cherries. And, this is the the best part: CANADA SELLS MINI-CADBURY EGGS YEAR ROUND. Why didn't I buy a year supply? Eggcellent question. I should have.
We are trying to cherish the last bit of summer we have left. The weather here has been beautiful! Not too hot, not too cold. We have a short transition until snow fall Predicted before Halloween. Excuse me, what? Moving on. We've met good people and we are hoping to find a church ASAP (we've researched our options).
As of now, we're sharing a car and living in a "temporary" house. We are hoping to get a house on post before winter hits! We have a two bedroom, one bath apartment in downtown Fairbanks. It's in such charming area with wonderful restaurants and shops, not to mention next to a river! Minor downfall. Upstairs neighbors, very loud. No oven, I can't bake. This place has a lot of character and potential. I could see it on HGTV one day... But we're still living in the "before" -- card table with two lawn chairs. Bonus: the lawn chairs have cup holders. Air mattress. I'm thankful that The Pilot and I are both optimistic about being in a new place, doing new things, meeting new people! There have been lots of changes, but we still have eachother. I am slowly learning that is what marriage is all about. Many more Arctic posts to come!
I am so very happy to get this update. Love you Mrs. Pilot! Keep telling Alaska stories, I love every detail! K
ReplyDelete